Regular physical activity is one of the most important and inexpensive things you can do to improve your overall health. By simply going for a brisk walk every day will help:
1. weight control
2. reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
3. reduce your risk for Type 2 diabetes
4. reduce risk of osteoporosis by increasing your muscle strength and bones
5. improve physical maneuverability
6. overall help you feel better with increased energy
Does 150 minutes sound a lot to you? Remember:
1. you don't have to exercise all at once
2. spread activity out during the week
3. break it up in to smaller chunks of time during the day for at least 10 minutes at a time
4. if you can walk to do a chore rather than drive your car, than walk
Give it a try:
Go on a 10 minute brisk walk 3 times a day 5 days a week. This will give you a total of 150 minutes. If it sounds easy its because it is easy. If you can only go once a day, than walk for 30 minutes. If you make this a daily routine and make conscious effort to do so, you will soon see and feel an improvement in your overall physical and mental health.
Each day you wake up is another opportunity to live a healthier life.
Trisha M. Pacenti RN,BSN